Steel Fire Pit
Enjoy the crackle, warmth and light of a real fire in your garden with this robust steel fire pit
Like all fire pits in the Garden Chefs collection, this fire pit and been selected for its quality and versatility
The Fat Boy Fire Pit by Cook-King has a classic bowl design which sits at a nice height, it’s not too low and not too high! 51cm in fact!
The high sides protect your fire from the breeze, thus giving you a safer fire with huge amounts of heat
A range of excellent accessories make this fire pit safe and fun to use
The fire pit lid not only protects the fire bowl from filling with rain water when not in use, but it also acts as a brilliant tool to put out the dying embers at the end of the evening
The round steel grate sits nicely on top of the fire pit and gives you a huge cooking space, and food cooked over a wood fire is so good!
The 80cm mesh fire pit screen fits just inside the fire bowl and helps prevent those flying embers from escaping the fire
Garden Chefs guide to a better fire pit experience:
- Use a good amount of kindling to get the fire going
- Where possible use kiln-dried logs, (kiln-dried wood gives off far less smoke)
- Split logs down with an axe (thicker logs will smoke more)
- Keep the temperature up by adding logs, don’t let the fire burn right down before adding more fuel
- Allow airflow around your logs as you stack them
Black raw steel may have surface rust appear after some time, this is a natural process and is not a manufacturing fault
Follow the basic maintenance laid out below and your fire pit for last for many years to come
- Use a cover when not in use to greatly reduce the appearance of surface rust
- Clean products with a damp cloth and dry
- Coat grates and grills with a thin layer of edible oil, repeating this step to prevent rusting.
- Maintain black raw steel bowls by sanding with fine-grade sandpaper and painting with high-temperature paint.
(The inside of black steel fire bowls should not be painted but can be coated with a thin layer of edible oil to help prevent rust.)
Garden Chefs offers a 1-year warranty against manufacturing faults on all fire pits